I’ve been saving this one for a really desperate day
By now you’ve probably figured out how I get these “themes” in my head in which one post leads to another post and that post is too big so I split in two? A few months ago posted about Burt Reynolds selling the last of his collection of 1977 Pontiac Firebird “Bandit” Trans Am sports cars and got to thinking: what are the other iconic movie cars of my youth?
Do I have too much time to think, or what? Honestly, this post embarrasses me–but what the hell. A little shame does a body good.
I came up with a list easily enough–a few from when I was older, a few that preceded me but which I discovered via re-runs and VHS cassettes. So let’s get down to it–in no specific order (well, the order is sub-conscious, I typed ’em as I thought ’em.) And, oh, I left out Chitty Chitty Bang Bang despite myself.
- The Pontiac “Bandit” Trans Am.
- The Blues Brothers Dodge Monaco Police Cruiser
- James Bond’s Aston Martin
- Steve McQueen’s Bullitt Mustang
- Michael J. Fox’s DeLorean
- The Ghostbusters Cadillac
- Green Hornet’s Chrysler Imperial
- Marlin’s and Jim’s Land Rovers